March 28, 2012

paint it pink!

Over the weekend, I decided I wanted to give Gracie's room the old moving things around treatment like I did with my bedroom. Her Tv has been in the same spot for a year which meant I could really only move her bed to a couple spots so that she could still see it, so I decided to move that too. You can check out the way her room used to look, before you see how it is now. I actually like it a lot more this way. It seems to really fit better this way & she has lots of room to twirl in her Princess dresses when she plays dress-up. That definitely makes her a happy camper!

Yeah, still haven't gotten a new curtain rod yet. It's on the to-do list tho! We also removed her Princess barbie castle from her room because it was just a giant mess in there. So we moved it to her play house outside. She likes it better there anyway!


I put little hooks in her wall for her to be able to hang her Princess dresses. She has a bunch! It fits well under her Princess poster.


This wall is at the foot of her bed. The pink curtains really make it feel more girly in there.


This wall, we decided we're going to paint pink. A lighter pink then the pink we painted her door with today... Another Saturday project!


So anyway. Today we painted the back of her bedroom door hot pink! It's so cute. She's been asking me for oh.. a year to paint her door pink. It was the only spot in the room that I didn't paint after I painted the room green, a year ago. I thought we might get all new interior doors within the last year but yeah didn't happen. Not that it was that important anyway. Her door is fine.

Here is the newly painted pink door. Gracie helped too! I still need to do some touch ups on the molding with white paint. I'll probably do that Saturday after I paint her wall pink.


So yes, now I have a task for the weekend... already! lol. Gotta paint her closet wall pink! I actually just used pink I had laying around from years ago, but didn't have a lot of the darker (hot) pink, so I mixed a bunch of light pink with it and came up with this lighter easier on the eyes pink for the wall. I couldn't imagine that HOT pink on a wall. A WHOLE WALL. No way! hahahaha. It's fine for the back of a door tho. haha.

In other news, I got some pretty exciting news today! I'll share it when I know more. Until then, thanks for stopping by! :)