March 24, 2012

the elephant in the room

I have the entire day to myself, so I haven't really left my bedroom much today except to eat lunch & use the bathroom. I love lazy days where I can just stay in my PJs all day & watch tv in bed, as well as surf the net & update my blog!!

This past week, my parents took Gracie to the zoo, since I got 3 free passes the last time I went because a few rides were closed. Our zoo is so amazing because every time we go (we have a yearly pass) if there is one thing not working, they will always comp the visit with free tickets to come back. It doesn't even matter that I have the year pass, they still give me free tickets! It's pretty awesome! We've already given three tickets to my parents and three tickets to my MIL.

Anyway, when my parents brought Gracie home after their zoo trip on Wednesday, my mom handed me a box & said 'Happy early Anniversary!' I opened the box and inside was this beautiful 24 carat gold Elephant! Squee!!









Isn't he beautiful?! He lives on a shelf in the dining room area.



I love it so much! I think we're gonna go & get Mr. Gold Elephant a friend to put on the other end of the shelf. Paul wants a penguin. He loves penguins like I love elephants. He actually used to have a huge embarrassing collection when I first started dating him, but got rid of them all because it was just overkill. I can't even. It was pretty funny.

Today, after I started making my lunch, I went to go let Max in & opened my front door & saw a package. I totally forgot that my other new elephants would be here today! My parents also ordered me these amazingly friggin' cute salt & pepper shaker elephants for my birthday from Mod Cloth! Countdown is down to 9 days (April 2nd)! I'll be 27.

The box they came in is so cute!



Here are a bunch of snap shots of these cute little things...











I love those little elephant tails! Too stinkin' cute.

These little guys live in the kitchen. On the shelves my dad built for me above my sink. I've actually been wanting to share this area with you guys for a while now but it's not completely done yet, so you can't completely see the sink & the counter. I'll share those pictures when we get the back splash up.







The kitchen printouts were ordered from this great Etsy store. Check it out if you're interested!

Like I said above, we still need to add the back splash & molding around the built-ins. All in good time! We will get there. :)

Hope you all have a great weekend! My birthday is a week from Monday! Eeeeee!!