March 19, 2012

Put your name on it

So, how was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty uneventful, which is a good thing, because for the first time in the past couple months, I finally was able to relax a little. But that doesn't mean I didn't do anything at all. I've been putting off painting the bathroom & lining closet doors for a few months now & since I finally had some down time, I figured I might as well get it done already.

Still need new door knobs on all the doors on this side of the house. We'll get there!


A couple months back I painted the kids doors & added a chalkboard name plate to the front of the doors, so they could write their names on their doors. Even tho I was the one who wound up doing it. I guess they both liked what I wrote so much, neither one of them have ever changed it.

This is how I did it...

Cut a piece of paper to the shape I wanted to paint on the door.


Held the paper to the door and traced an outline with a pencil, then removed the paper, added painters tape so I wouldn't go outside the lines and painted with chalkboard paint.


Let it dry and then wrote the kids names with chalk in their favorite colors. That's it! It was super simple.


And kids doors up close, for a better look.




It didn't cost me a thing since I already had all of the supplies, which is always good! I'm undecided as to if I should add a name plate to the bathroom door & write bathroom / restroom on it as well. What do you think? Name plate or no name plate? Sound off in the comments!! I'd love to hear opinions!