April 9, 2013

Birthday girl!

Hi All. Sorry I've once again gone MIA from blogging. A lot has been going on around here lately, everything from me being sick with a stomach bug to Paul getting the same stomach bug (at the same time, actually), to my parents also getting this same bug, my birthday was last week, we started renovations on Baby L's new nursery to I don't even know what. We've just been a bunch of busy Bee's around here as of late.

I thought I'd first share my birthday in Instagram pictures. I turned 28 on April 2nd. Paul planned a great day for just the two of us. Gracie spent the day with my parents and Jordan stayed with his Granny so I could have a nice quiet day with my amazing husband.

On the evening before my birthday, better known as April Fool's day Paul surprised me with the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, all yellows & whites. The colors of Baby L's nursery. There was also something special about the flowers but it's a secret until she's born. ;) First thing Tuesday morning, on my birthday I had a monthly OBGYN appointment. Everything is going perfectly & I've only gained 4 pounds my entire pregnancy! My doctor is very pleased. :)


After Gracie got out of school, we dropped her off at my parents house & headed to Tampa for lunch at my favorite restaurant, Grillsmith. I order a Grilled chicken sandwich (A tender grilled chicken breast finished with Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and honey mustard sauce on a brioche bun // taken from their menu) with a side of fries. It was amazing! I mean, look at that picture! Makes me want one right now! After lunch we headed to the mall to see The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, which was funny but could of been a lot funnier. I adore Steve Carell and Jim Carrey so anything they do is worth it to me no matter what. After the movie, Paul took me to buy more shirts from Old Navy. I'm currently obsessed with these. I have every color now! Mine are all neon colored, for some reason I guess they are sold out online. They have been great while my belly has been growing. They fit perfectly!



After shopping, Paul took me to play some Putt-Putt golf. It's kinda become our thing. We take it waay too seriously sometimes, since he's such a sports guy, whenever he loses he feels he needs to play again to redeem himself. We tend to laugh probably too much while we play. Because we always have so much fun! If we go out of town we always have to find a new putt-putt course to play. I told you, it's our thing! BTW, I lost by two. But don't worry, I'll win the next one! ;) When we finished our game we weren't yet ready for dinner so we headed to the beach to walk on the boardwalk and check out the shops. Paul wound up buying me three new pieces of jewelery, adding to my elephant obsession. I got a bracelet, necklace and anklet. All elephants! I should of probably taken a picture but by then my phone's battery was dying. I'll share pictures next time! We ate dinner at TGI Friday's. I had been craving the Jack Daniels Shrimp for weeks. Paul knows the way to my heart!



Anyway, my birthday was pretty fantastic. I owe all of it to Paul who made sure I had a great day. I don't know what I'd do without that man, he truly goes above and beyond for me no matter what. I love him so much!

In other exciting news, I mentioned at the beginning of this post that we started renovations on the nursery. We did! We are actually almost done with the major parts and I'll get to start painting this weekend! Talk about *squeel*! I also decided against ordering custom made bedding online, ultimately the time frame it takes is way too long. The seller told me it would take around 12 weeks to be made and shipped. I wouldn't even be able to pay till tomorrow and I don't have 12 weeks to wait. So, I googled and googled until I found this set...



The best part, I get almost everything in that picture, 9 pieces for half the price it would of cost me to have it custom and even though I really, really wanted it all custom, what is the point in that? I spend $300 bucks and she uses it for a year or two and then I put it on a shelf? Naaaah. I can think of much cooler ways to spend money. This set is only $189... for NINE pieces! Before with the custom, I'd only be getting 3, a sheet, bumper & crib skirt. So this way I'm really making out much better. I am tho still getting a custom made changing pad cover and a few other things from etsy. I also decided I'd attempt to make my own mobile. I'll of course share how that goes. lol.

SO! My next post will be with before & after (or progress) pictures of Baby L's room. Stay tuned!