January 2, 2012

Always changing my mind.

The title of this post describes me perfectly. The minute I think I'm set in my ways on something, I see something else and my mind instantly thinks, 'wow, I like that more!' I know, I have a problem... a interior design decorating problem. I just can't stop!

More recently, like the past few months I've had my mind & heart set on painting all of the cabinets in my kitchen... top & bottom. I wanted the top to be a light cream coffee color and the bottoms in a nice dark brown, with dark brown woodblock counter tops. Doesn't that sound lovely? It was all sounding so great in my head until I started to realize that there's nothing I can do about the fact that my living room/kitchen are a big open area and the dark colors I wanted in the kitchen, just wouldn't mesh well with the light grey & blue/yellow theme I'm doing in the living room. So, back to the drawing board I went...

My main issue was, what color will I paint the walls?! All that dark warm browns, just didn't help me visualize a happy wall color to bring the two rooms together. So, off to pinterest & google I went to get ideas & inspiration. This is what I've come up with...

I've decided to keep the top of my cabinets in my kitchen, white, like they already are & paint the bottom in a rich dark blue. The wall color will match the grey in the living room. It was all starting to make sense! Now I can incorporate greens & yellows & blues in my kitchen without it looking like waay too much. Here are some images that got my mind busy...


This is the basic idea. White on top, color on the bottom. Obviously not this color.


Dark wood block counter tops. This idea ain't changin'! I love it so much!


This image has been embedded in my head for a couple months. I love it & it ultimately helped me make my mind up on using blue.


Only a couple more months & my kitchen dreams will be a reality!