January 31, 2012

the trl decade

I don't know if any of you caught the special on Vh1 about The TRL Decade. I actually set my DVR to record it at 5am. So, when I got outta bed today I put it on. Looking back now, those times were really some of the best times in my life. If only just for some *NSYNC back in my life. I miss those boys so much! I remember the rival between *NSYNC and BSB so well and getting so worked up when someone I knew was a BSB fan, while I was a dedicated *NSYNC girl.



Going to *NSYNC concerts, leaving the show before the last song ended so we could run down to the buses to just get a glimpse of them on the bus and a quick wave. Oh to be a teenybopper again. The first time I saw Britney Spears live, when she opened for *NSYNC on tour. It was all over for me at that moment. I knew I'd be a Britney fan forever. So many good times. It's so great now that I have a daughter who seriously loves herself some Britney as much as her mama does. Every time we get in the car, 'Mama, I wanna listen to Britney!' Makes this mama's heart extra warm. So glad I can share my love for all things Britney with my little one.



I remember coming home from school (8th grade... holy crap!) and asking my Mom if she picked up the new *NSYNC Christmas album and when she told me they were all sold out I got so upset... then seconds later her smiling big and telling me she was joking and had the album behind her back. Jumping up and down and screaming with my girlfriends because we got to listen to that cd on repeat long past Christmas. The good ol' days.



I remember running home (I lived right behind my middle school, within walking distance) to be able to catch TRL to make sure Britney or *NSYNC had the #1 video and when they didn't, getting on the phone, or the internet to vote my little heart out. I have so many TRL memories, it would take an entire post just to name them all. I can't even name just one favorite moment. Just knowing that I was even a tiny little part of that decade is good enough for me. The best years of that show were definitely from '98 to '03, after that it just wasn't the same. Maybe because I graduated in 03 and didn't watch it as often, or maybe because the music changed a little. I always dreamed of sitting in the audience and getting to meet Carson Daly. Ah, to be a teenager again!

Did you watch TRL? What are some of your favorite moments? I'd love to read about it! :)

PS. Today is Justin Timberlake's birthday. Happy Birthday JT! ;)