February 19, 2014

Good times.

This past weekend was quite the fun yet full of DIY. My darling niece/bestie Taylor came and spent 4 days with me and while she was here we worked on Gracie's new big girl room. Taylor and I are such a great team when it comes to DIY, well technically we make a great team in life, but yanno. Best friends. Anyway, we painted, built furniture, played with decor and laughed and joked the whole weekend. I adore having her here! Check out Gracie's room. Keep in mind, we are waiting for Gracie's new floor to get here from Lumber Liquidators, probably a couple weeks till that's here and then we'll be putting that in.

The lighting in these pictures is pretty terrible. I guess it was just the time of day I took the pictures.

This is the view when you walk into her room, from the hallway.









This corner bookshelf was originally white, but I spruced it up and painted it coral and baby pink. It turned out great! The art on either side of the shelf was printed and 3 out of the 4 were hand painted. Taylor did one and I did three. I'll take close ups of those for my next post.







Close up of the dresser. It was originally an old wood looking dresser that we got for free, like the bookshelf. But I knew right from the beginning that I wanted to paint it ombre. I love how it turned out!



The decor above Gracie's bed is probably my favorite part. Here she is enjoying her new room! :)



Aaand that's it! We're currently getting the front of the house repairs underway, by the end of the week fancy new pergola will be going up. I'm so excited! Ahh, the joys of being a homeowner. ;)