January 29, 2012

rude people

Today started off pretty good. We slept in, since the kids spend the weekends with their grandmothers (Gracie with my mom & Jordan with his birth mother's mom). We got up, went thrifting & then out for brunch. Paul had to find a pair of dress shoes because tonight he has a work dinner at some fancy smancy steak restaurant with his co-workers. He actually wound up finding a pretty nice pair, and only for about 8 bucks, regularly $50.

After that we headed out to get food. I'm wearing a Yankees t today. When we opened the door to the restaurant, some older lady gives me a dirty look and goes, 'ugh, Yankees.' I yelled back, 'yeah, I'm from Jersey.' She gave me a nasty look and another, 'ugh.' and walked out. What is it with people? Just because you don't like my team doesn't make it right for you to shit talk me for no god damn reason. After she left I had a million witty come backs I wanted to say to her, for example, 'ugh. your face.' But alas, isn't that how it always is? You always think of something clever to say after the fact?! Idiots.

Paul left about 20 minutes ago for his work dinner, so now Gracie & I are in the backyard. She's digging in dirt and well, I'm updating.



Next weekend we're planning a big family trip to the Zoo and Aquarium. Saturday is the Zoo trip and Sunday is the Aquarium. The kids & I will be hitting up the Zoo without Paul since he has to work. Sunday after the Aquarium we're gonna stop by Ikea for some goodies for the mama, because damn it I need some retail therapy! The main reason for our Ikea trip is to find out how much it's gonna cost to have our new sofa delivered. I'm hoping it's not an arm and a leg. I need my limbs. ;P