December 5, 2011

Demo-riffic!

I started demoing the bathroom yesterday. Taking tiles down one by one with my chizzle & hammer. It was definitely anything but an easy process because every single tile came down in pieces. I think I got maybe 3 tiles to come down in once piece. Needless to say my bathroom floor was a mess. As well as my hands & leg, where the pieces of tile cut me several times. Stupid tile! So happy to see it go! Here are a few images of my work along the way...

This is what I started with, to refresh your memory.

This is about 3 rows in. See. All pieces. No full size tiles. Blah.

The beginning of the mess.

After knocking a few tiles down, my leg started to hurt. I looked down & BAM first battle wound of the project. I currently have added about 6 more wounds to myself. My hands are not happy campers.

Then half way through finishing, the wall caves in. Awesome. So, I just knocked all of that piece of the wall out. I'll replace it with more sheet rock when I finish taking down the rest of the tiles.

One wall done, One and a half to go!

My handy man/contractor/dad (haha!) came today to check everything out & give me a few tips. We determined that we're going to have to replace the sink & toilet since the previous contractor built the tiled walls first & then installed everything else, meaning everything is connected or attached in some way. What a mess! But, lucky for me, I have a deep deep hate for the current sink & toilet in there so I'll be happy to see both of those go as well. I've always wanted a sink & cabinet in there since day one, so looks like I'll actually get my way. Hubs on the other hand? He's not too thrilled, since he's the one footing the bill. Ahh well, it had to go at some point right? ;)

Today I'll be working on the rest of the walls & working on removing the old mirror/cabinet. Let's hope we don't come across anymore snags along the way!