July 25, 2012

SO FLUFFY!!

I always think of Despicable Me when I say 'IT'S SO FLUFFY, I WANT TO DIE!' Gracie loves that movie. We've watched it... a lot. haha! Anyway, speaking of fluffy... I forgot to post pictures of our newborn kittens! They are now over a week old, almost two weeks on Saturday. They are just now starting to open their eyes a tiny bit. I'm counting down the days till they can run and play and look up at me with their beautiful kitten eyes. I can't even express how stinkin' cute these guys are. Oh yeah. Most of them are guys. 3 boys and 1 girl. The girl was born first. We.. er.. Paul named her Clarabelle, because she looks a cow. This is Clarabelle from Disney btw, for the reference. Nearly all of our cats are named after cartoon characters. It's getting a little outta hand around here! lol. I kid.

Anywho. Who wants kitten pictures? *Raises hand!* I made these on my Nokia, so bare with me, people.

They were only a few hours old here. I'm completely smitten with the stripe/tabby kittens. I want one so badly! Paul says no. Boo.



Here they are with Mama kitty, Pepper. She's super protective, as expected. We had them in a cardboard box, like I'd done for years with my Mom's dog when she had puppies (4 litters!) but she didn't feel safe enough, so she moved them one by one to my closet. So, I helped her out by removing all of my clothes that were folded on the shelf, and replaced them with a soft blanket. She's much happier in there with them.



These pictures were taken yesterday and today. They are so fluffy now! I love snugging them when Mama kitty is using the litter box or eating.. or just generally taking a break from being Mama kitty... hey we all need our breaks. ;)



Aren't they sweet? Paul's mom is taking the black kitten. We are keeping the black & white one. She's Gracie's. The other two are undecided at the moment. I WANT A STRIPE KITTY SO BAD. Someone call Paul and convince him for me!! I'm going to surprise my parents with a striped one for my Mom's birthday but she already knows. lol. My dad on the other hand has made it clear he doesn't want anymore animals because they aren't getting any younger but my mom wants one so badly, so he'll just have to DEEEAALL with it. ;)

I'll be back tomorrow or Friday with a kitchen post. It's finally done! Well, 85% done. The important parts are done! Stay tuned! :)