December 2, 2011

DIY: Fancy letters

The other day I was looking up at my wooden letters in my bedroom thinking, "Hmm, I wonder what I can do with those boring white letters." When BAM it hit me! I could cut out pieces from leftover wallpaper & restyle them! I have a bit of leftover damask print wallpaper from when I redesigned my master bedroom & I've been trying to think of different things to do with the leftover paper for months now, so definitely glad I finally found good use for it!

First I traced the letters backwards on the back of the wallpaper.



Then I cut the letters out.

I needed something to hold the wallpaper onto the wooden letters & then I remembered, I had leftover wallpaper glue! Worked perfectly!

I carefully brushed the glue onto the letters. But honestly, it isn't rocket science!

Then after the glue was brushed onto the letters, I placed the cutouts on top & pressed down firmly, making sure they wouldn't shift or fall off. Let them sit about 10 minutes & BAM! Done!


Pretty right?! After that I grabbed my hammer & leftover nails (from when I took them down) & positioned them on the wall where I now wanted them to go & put those guys back where they went.


Ahhh, all done! Now I have some texture added to my lime green wall, instead of just boring old white letters. I'm definitely happy with how they turned out.

Have you done any DIY recently? Feel free to share!

PS. Today is my idols 30th birthday! Happy Birthday, Britney Spears!! <3