April 1, 2012

so fresh & so clean

Yesterday I finally decided it was time to clean & rearrange the living room. Everything had been in the same spot since I painted, added molding around the windows & bought all brand new everything from Ikea, two months ago. So, it was definitely due. I'm one of those I have to rearrange a room after a certain period of time or I go crazy people. I get it from my mother. But, I'm sure you can tell by all of my rearranging posts, ie: Gracie's room & my bedroom.

I moved the sofa to the window side of the room, flipped the rug (because I think it looks better this way) & swapped the sofa table for the stand that was under the tv before. Both Paul & I like it so much more this way! I don't know why I was so worried I wouldn't.


Can you tell which movie I was watching when I took these pictures? Winner gets a prize. ;)


I didn't really do anything to the dining area, just cleaned it up & added a couple things to the shelves. No big deal.


Check out the view from the door. Since I moved the big Yankee boys art to my bedroom, I had a big blank spot on this wall. The bookshelf & dvd shelf definitely get rid of any awkward open spaces. I like it! I still have plans on painting the dvd shelf black, sometime in the future. It used to belong to my grandmother, I believe.


I got a pretty fun idea last night while Paul & I were watching Midnight in Paris (great movie! Check it out!). I thought it would be fun for you guys to see my point of view. So, as I sat in my usual spot on the sofa, in the corner, I took a couple pictures of my view. :)

Hi Niko!


Wide shot. See that bag? My E.A.T letters are in the bag. A project for the kitchen! You'll see those soon!


And a creeper shot of hubs on the laptop, sitting next to me. He said I couldn't take a full picture of him, so you get his hands... his beautiful hands. hahhhaha He's playing The Sims Social, our favorite Facebook game. :)


Welp. That's it for today. I'll be back tomorrow with my BIRTHDAY POST! I'll be 27 tomorrow! I'll also have pictures of my new haircut. :) Oh yeah, I put up a new layout on Friday night. Whatcha think?