November 8, 2011

DIY: Front door wreath

Recently I was surfing the amazing website that is Pinterest & found this. I instantly fell in love with the idea. I thought about what I would do with my very own creation, headed to Micheal's & Jo-Ann stores & picked up everything I needed. I got the wreath ($4.99) & a new glue gun ($2.99!!) at Micheal's & then the rest of the goodies (flower, numbers & decorative wood ball thingies, about $15 total) at Jo-Ann. Came home, painted my numbers & started putting everything together!

I started by placing the flower & little decor ball thingies where I wanted them.


Then went & painted my numbers using the leftover paint I had from the exterior of our house & waited for them to dry. After they were dry I started gluing everything into place & wah-la finished!


I'm still unsure about that #1 at the bottom. I think I'll be moving him to a different location. Anyway, here is my front door before the wreath.


annnnd after!


The best part about this project is that I can always change it around & add new things to it all the time. This is also my first attempt at making any kind of wreath period, so I'm pretty proud with how it turned out being that I'm a beginner at this stuff.

Have you come across something on Pinterest & thought you'd like to try to DIY? What was it & have you tried yet? I'm always finding new things to do myself! Check out my personal Pinterest here!