November 15, 2011

hi ho hi ho, off to ikea we go!

Today we made our way to Ikea to pick up the bathroom goodies I mentioned in my last post. I was actually right on the money on how much we'd spend (on our first trip... hehe!) & I got everything I needed. I have to go back & pickup more towels, a new shower rod (to hang the curtain), a new mirror & cabinet for over the toilet & maaaybe a few more decorations and/or frames/art. But, this first trip was a success, so that's all I care about! Everything will fall into place in time.

I also finally picked out which paint colors I'm going to use. I chose Behr Premium Plus | Tangerine Dream & Jamaican Sea from Home Depot. I don't think images do the colors justice, because they are a tad brighter looking in person & just so beautiful! They really pop & stand out. Here is a couple of images I found on google of these two colors on walls.




Preeetty, riight? Love them! It really was love at first sight, no doubt about it. I knew right away when I spotted these that they were the ones meant for my bathroom walls. I also decided on this design for how I'm going to paint the bathroom. The Tangerine Dream will be on the top (ceiling, top of the wall) and then the Jamaican Sea will be the second half, the bead board will be white, as well as all the trim.

Tomorrow I'm going to start ripping all of the tiles off the walls, more on that here. Then hopefully next week I'll be able to go pickup the paint, molding & bead board, as well as other little random things we need to DIY.

BTW, as you can tell my obsession for all things orange & teal has taken over my blog. I had to change my layout to reflect my mood & love for these amazing colors! I also Pinned some of my favorite orange & teal design combos on Pinterest! Check it out! Hope you all have a great week!