November 12, 2011

Bathroom oops!

Back in the Spring, in the mist of designing my bedroom remodel I, on a whim decided I should also revamp the bathroom, the main bathroom in the house, mostly used by my kids. I stepped out of my element & decided to paint the bathroom in a Mickey Mouse theme, that both of my kids would love... except I wound up not loving it so much. I painted the walls with three stripes, one black (whaaat?!), one white & one in bright red (another whaaaat?! moment). At the time I thought oh man, this is going to look amazing! Everyone will bow at my Mickey Mouse bathroom talents! Yeaaah, not so much. I got all of the bathroom goodies (bath mat, shower curtain, towels, etc) at Target.




See what I mean? Not good. I'll be taking down all of those wall tiles, which will be replaced by bead board & molding. More on that in a second.

After I painted I lost interest FAST! My original plan was to draw a big mickey head on the main wall, the wall you face while using the toilet. Because really, everyone should be looking at Mickey Mouse when peeing, right? WRONG. Bad idea. I subconsciously must of agreed with that because I never wound up doing anything other than paint stripes. Didn't even add one Mickey picture to the walls. I was just so disgusted with the whole idea that I pretty much gave up on that bathroom & walked away from it. Every time I take a shower in there, I curse it. It just doesn't suit me at all!

In the past couple weeks, I went back to that bathroom with some new ideas, thanks of course to the almighty Pinterest & IKEA!

Here are a few of my ideas, that the hubs & I will be working on in the next week... as well as my handyman, aka my dad. Ha!




This is the decor I'll be putting in there, from the amazing Ikea!




Everything else, I'll have to go to Ikea to pick out because I'm really picky & like to see things in person before making a judgement call.

I'm really excited to get this project underway & to be able to share it here. Are you planning on redoing a room in your house? Where do you get your ideas from?