June 22, 2012

Bedroom flip-a-roo

Two posts in one week? Who am I? haha. This rarely happens anymore. But hey, here I am anyway! Earlier this week I got a fire under my ass and decided to rearrange my bedroom... again. But this time I really dove in head first. It took a whole day to get everything done, which I didn't mind since Gracie was with my parents for the day to go swimming. If you wanna see what the bedroom looked like before the big switch, you can see those here.

I knew right from the beginning that I wanted to move our Ikea PAX closets to a different place in the room. I made several drawn by hand maps of where to put them but nothing was working. Then finally it hit me and I was like a tornado taking everything out of my bedroom. I put everything in the kitchen (mattress, end tables, clothes, dresser, etc) for easy moving in the bedroom.

Of course, Max took it upon himself to sleep on top of the mattress the minute I put it out there.



And now pictures of my bedroom...

During the spring & summer months, my usual black & white fancy comforter is waaay too heavy so I put on our old pink one. The pink & green remind me of a watermelon, which then reminds me of summer. It's a win, win. I have plans on getting a new comforter, a green, white & grey one from Target but yanno, don't have the extra funds at the moment, but in time, we'll get it!



See. I moved the Pax closets to the opposite side of the room. In front of the window. Putting them in front of the window is no big deal since the view out that window is just a fence. No biggie!



My vanity is on the left side of the closets...



Paul's dresser is on the right side, next to his side of the closet.



This is toward my side of the bed.



The TV is actually not in a bad spot. We can still watch tv from where the bed is now.



And this is the view from across the bed. Yes, we neeeeed to have a fan going at night. The mix of the sound & cool air helps us sleep like babies.



Here is another shot of the bed with the lamp lights turned on.



And of the closet area.



Here is a close up of the area above the headboard... my favorite part!



We both love the room so much like this. We actually have what seems like lots more room to walk around, fold clothes, do a little happy dance, whatever. ;)

Have you rearranged a room recently? Did it take you a whole day too? Feel free to share the deets. ;)