June 4, 2012

Thifting & Gardening

First things first, I hit 2,000 hits today! Woo! Thanks to everyone who keeps coming back & to all the new visitors everyday. Means a lot!

Yesterday, Paul & I did our regular Sunday routine. We got up, went to brunch and then thrifting. I usually come up empty but this time was different! I found three dishes/bowls for .80 cents a piece! Did you get that? Eighty cents. I call that a steal! They are super cute, multi color decorative dishes. Here, take a look...

Sorry for the bad lighting & blah quality. I still don't have access to my Nikon. So, these once again were taken with my Nokia.



And here is a up close shot. They're cute right?


Today I went outside and took pictures (with my crappy phone camera) of the front garden so you could see the flowers we have growing in there now. I'm pretty proud of myself, I usually would have killed all of them already. I don't have much of a green thumb. To be completely honestly, I'm not much of an outdoorsy person. I'd much rather decorate the inside of a house and completely ignore the outside but since I'm a home owner, these things have to be done no matter how much I'd rather not do it. Honesty is key right? I'm just keepin' it real, people.

Anyway, here you go! We still need to add little things like mulch and whatnot but it definitely looks better than it did when we first started this project.









And a wide shot of the front yard. Grass is still growing in. By mid-July it will look so green, you won't even remember those dead patches of grass.



And no I still haven't moved those two trees to the right of the garden. See what I mean when I said I'd rather just ignore anything to do with outside? It shows here. hahha. I have no shame! ;)

Hopefully by my next post I'll have a working camera... err battery for said camera. Fingers crossed!