October 1, 2013

Bedroom door makeover

You guys, it's October! Lily will be 3 months old this month and I start planning Gracie's 6th birthday. Unreal how fast time flies right by! Anyway, over the weekend I finally said to myself enough is enough and decided to paint my bedroom door. I had been thinking about painting it yellow for months and months but while I was pregnant I was so busy doing so many other things that I just never got to it. So, since Hubs was off work all weekend, which btw is very rare, I decided to get that mini project done!

Here it is before. It used to be painted in chalkboard paint but being that this door (like all my doors) have panels it really was pointless and a waste of paint to make it chalkboard. But of course I didn't think about that until after I painted it. Figures, right?



Annnd after! Yellow is bliss. :) I used the same yellow paint from Lily's nursery.



I took this wider shot on a different day then the first picture, so the lighting is different.



I'm much happier with it now and it really adds some more happy to my kitchen! :) My next project for the house is to refinish this chest/coffee table in my living room. I'm going to either do it black like the rest of the wood in my living room or a very dark wood color. I haven't decided yet. I'll be working on this project next week!



Other than that, I'll be back later this week with some product reviews from the Mama Vox Box I got from Influenster! Stay tuned! Happy October! :)