September 25, 2012

Add it to the list!!

That's right! Add the table & bench in the kitchen to the list of things that are finished!! My kitchen is now 90% complete!! All that is left is the side of the kitchen where we will be adding the tall floor to ceiling cabinets and window seat. Now if only we could find said cabinets at a yard sale or thrift store! That is the next step.

I decided about two weeks ago that instead of painting the Chevron print in yellow on the bench at the kitchen table that I would instead buy yellow Chevron fabric and a seat cushion and just cover the bench. A lot easier! I looked online and found this fabric. I ordered waaay more than I wound up needing, so throw pillows are in my future. lol! I'm also thinking about making seat cushions for the chairs in the kitchen as well, to match the bench, or maybe little pillows for the seats. We shall see what I get myself into next!

Anyway, here is the kitchen table & bench before I painted it...



And after I painted and upholstered the bench... (Hiii Clarabelle!) ;)



A little closer...



I can't even express how much I love it now! Completely different, isn't it? Yellow Chevron makes me a happy girl. :)