October 13, 2012

October is here!

Holy smokes, it's almost the middle of October and I haven't updated! What is my problem? Lack of motivation I suppose. But hey, I'm here now! ;) With October comes all of my favorite things, cooler weather (not nearly as cool as I'd like, but I digress), Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Halloween & pumpkin patches! Gracie actually went on her first field trip this past week to a pumpkin patch with her class. She had such a great time, got to pick her very own pumpkin and also got a bag of goodies to go with it (coloring book, orange lollypop & pumpkin seeds)!

We also have been checking random stores (Target, Walmart, etc) for Halloween costumes. Their selection was so awful. We used to just go to a local Halloween store but after it closed last year, where it had been for years, another store popped up in it's place, so it couldn't be there this year. Finally, after asking my cousin on facebook about it, she told us about one that was by her job. So, after the kids got out of school last Tuesday, we went and checked it out & the kids picked out what they wanted to be. Personally, I wanted the kids to be something that went together. Yanno, a doctor and a nurse, a cop and a prisoner, etc etc. But, Jordan wanted to be something scary, as most boys his age do and Gracie wanted to be something cute and cuddly, as most little girls do. This is what they decided on...



Gracie originally chose a really adorable cat costume but they didn't have her size, and were sold out of the cute leggings that went with it. She was really disappointed, until she found the bunny. She tried it on when she got home and man, it's so cute!

Jordan wanted something with a mask, but I knew after 10 minutes of walking around he'd just end up taking it off for being too hot, so I steered him to the zombie costumes and he chose that one. Instead of the crappy mask that came with it, I'm going to do zombie makeup on him. We even got really cool fake wounds to put on his face & neck. He's gonna look so cool when I'm done... or so I hope! haha

Other than that, I thought I'd share my week in Instagram ;)...



Have a great weekend! :)