August 25, 2012

Big things & Little things

My little one started Pre-K this past week. I can't believe my baby isn't a baby or a toddler anymore, but a big kid going to school everyday! It's amazing how time flies. One minute you're rocking them to sleep and changing diapers, the next you're picking which school you want them to attend. We actually decided to send Gracie to the same Pre-school Paul went to 20-something years ago! There is even a lady who still works there from when Paul attended all those years ago. I couldn't believe it!

Here is Gracie on her first day of PreK. She was so excited & still remains excited everyday. She even goes to bed early all by herself now. "Mom, it's bedtime! Turn my tv off! I have school tomorrow." She's the best!



Other than that I finally got my butt in gear and got on the kitchen table transformation. I'm changing it from this...



..to a black table with a dark charcoal chalkboard top. The bench will be yellow & white chevron on top and black on the bottom. I'm so pumped! I've always wanted to paint something chevron.

Here is what I did today. Sanded and primed.



I still need to paint sometime today after it dies and I lightly sand it one more time.

Please comment! Don't just read and leave! Let me know you're actually reading these posts so I know I'm not just talking to myself. ;) Until next time...